Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day '10

For Father's Day, we did just what Buster--I mean Yo Bob--wanted to do......we went clear out in the middle of no where (as known as the Deep Creek property) and cooked a hamburger.
Apparently I don't appreciate just what an exclusive club we belong to because there sure was alot of "security"we had to pass through just to get to our hamburgers.
Gate #1
Gate #2

Just to get to this.......

Although I must admit that other that my intestine getting rattled, the drive up was spectacular.

Before we could eat, there were a few "house keeping" issues that needed attention.

First up--Lydon had to mow the lawn. Really? You have to mow the lawn in the forest? Seriously?

The tables and chairs and the BBQ had to be pulled out and dusted off.

And my job was to make sure that no one hauled off with our potty during the winter. Hey...you never know what those bears are gonna do.

Once all the house keeping was done, Buster fired up the grill. Who knew you mowed the lawn in the forest and who knew you used a propane BBQ in the forest.

I guess that means that this thing is only good for making s'mores.

Once the burgers and dogs were ready, Chaston rang the dinner bell.

After dinner we hung out and did things like....
Admire Buster's new BIG truck

Played horse shoes. By the way....Chaston threw that horse shoe and it landed that way. Seriously. I'm not kidding. That's how cool he is.

And the boys and Tiff played boccie ball.

And I walked around and did a little sight seeing. I caught Yo Bob using his new camera (that fits in his pocket) taking a pictures. Hopefully his camera (that fits in his pocket) took a better picture than my camera. I think his camera (that fits in his pocket) freaked my camera out.

The first year that we were up there we found a humming bird nest right above the fire pit. I thought the was quite intriguing that there would be a humming bird nest in the middle of the woods and kinda adopted my own little philosophy as to why it was there. So I was interested to see if the nest was still there. Yep.....still there. While I was standing on the bench trying to get this picture I totally got buzzed by a humming bird. I do believe that bird was trying to give me wet willy. That's how close it got to my head. Which totally confirms my theory of why the humming bird nest is there in the middle of the woods over our fire pit.

The only other critter we spotted today was this squirrel Yo Bob got a shot of as we were leaving. If you look close at the very center of the picture you can see his cute little squirrel tail. That is the only shot that my dad was able to get with my camera. His camera was too busy sitting in his pocket.
It was a short, sweet, fun way to spend Father's Day. We missed Timmy and Aaron who are still in Ohio so I guess this means we will have to try this again next year :)

No comments: