Friday, January 14, 2011

Santa brought me a Barbie dream house for Christmas

After a couple of painful/scary/grouchy months, we FINALLY were able to see the most beautiful Christmas sight ever.......... a SOLD sign.
And now we're are the happy happy owners of the Williams home (shout out to Chris, Ann,Geri, Lisa Jo, Trinity, TJ, Suzi, Candi, Andi and Matt. The Williams home is their mom/dad/grandma/grandpa's house. )

The Williams house was built in the 1950's, is almost 5000 square feet and is on 1/2 an acre. Mr. and Mrs. Williams built the home and William's Circle which is where my mom and dad built their house when Buster and I were growing up. I got to play in this house when I was little and I have always loved the home. So you could say it's my Barbie dream house.
The home had a for sale sign in front of it for quite some time and in early September, Tim let me take a leap of faith, we put in an offer, put our house on the market and we embarked an four months of waiting, crying (that would be me, not Tim) waiting, obsessing (yes, I stalked the house) and waiting some more, we sold our house just in the nick of time and were able to close on the Williams house just before Christmas.
So two days before Christmas my sweet Timmy moved us into my Barbie dream house. For Christmas I got a new house and he got a sore back and achy muscles. Fair trade don't ya think!
There are now only four houses between me and my dad (whether he likes it or not :) ) I'm back in my old neighborhood, we have double the space that we had before (which is good since the boys are double the size they were before) and I feel like I'm at home. I sure hope I make the Williams sisters proud.
Here's a sneak preview/mini parade of homes of our new digs.
This is our new 1/2 acre back yard that feels like it goes on forever!

I now have a mail box. I love mail boxes! I love not going to the post office. I love that they bring the mail right to your house. How cool is that!

The fireplace/sitting area which is right inside the front door.
Our tv area
the backside of our tv area where we have a dining table and timmy's computer (can you see tim in the kitchen)

another view of the fireplace area and the front door
seriously blogger......what did you do with my picture???
bookshelves around the fireplace
the other side of the front door that leads into Lydon and Aarons bedroom and bathroom area

Pancho has taken over our super comfy couch
Our bedroom

The kitchen
Oops.......how did this get in there
back to the kitchen (Lydon eating breakfast)

Aaron's room (Lydon was occupying his room at the time so you get no pictures of his room). Both rooms have two lighted closets with a little built in desk.

There's also a huge laundry room, over sized two car garage and a big big party room basement for the boys (yes----aaron has already hosted many a 15 year old boy over to the house already)
Special thank you to Tim's sister Debbie who gave me decorating advice via telephone/internet from California. I wasn't quite sure what to do with all of this big beautiful house and she walked me through it. Thanks Deb!
It's been the best three weeks. I know that this will now be our forever home (because I WILL NOT go through the last four months AGAIN!!) ha-ha

6 comments:

SHIRLEE said...

finally, how awesome it looks, can't wait to see it in person......Congrats to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie Meredith said...

What a cool house! I'm so jealous of your yard. And your 5000 square feet.

Gwen said...

Annette and I want to come too !! We'll call first :) LOVE IT !!

The Frost's said...

Stacy, Stacy, Stacy.....I am so totally green with envy......I'm not sure you know how excited the sisters and the grandaughters are to have you living in Grandma's house....I know that Grandma is relieved as well!! Do you remember how many hours we use to play in the leaves under the big tree in the back, building our own homes out of the leaves!!! Congrats to you and Ken (Barbie) we will need a tour soon!! <3 ya!

Teresa said...

I'm glad to finally see the post since it's probably the only tour of the house we will really get. I am a bit jealous of all the room.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new home! It sounds huge...you could have a HUGE bunko party! I have great memories in your other house though - please tell me you didn't have to move due to Long Island Tea stains in the carpet! I see the ficus made the move :)

Roxanne