1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate (just the sound of the word egg nog makes me gag a little)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He sets the filled stockings and unwrapped gifts next to the fireplace (our tree sits in the other room in the window)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Funny you should ask-I hung a mistletoe up over my front room door ten years ago and I keep forgetting to take it down. Yep----it's still there now.
5. When do you put up your decorations? We used to have to wait until after Grandma Billie's birthday (Dec 6th) passed before we could decorate. But the last couple of years things slowly start making their way up out of the basement during the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom's deviled eggs, which will magically turn into my dad's deviled eggs this year.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Waking up at our house, opening presents, going to Grandma Billie's house and opening presents, going to Grandma Ruth's house and opening presents and then eating Christmas dinner/lunch at Grandma Ruth's. It felt like the day lasted forever!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I held on for a really, really long time. I'm not sure when I finally gave in.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just the gift (Christmas jammie pants) that Santa brings during his Christmas Eve visit.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Every year the kids make a new Christmas tree ornament. I take a picture of each of them sitting on Santa's lap. I print the pics while we eat dinner. After dinner the kids make that years ornament with their pictures.
12. Can you ice skate? Yep
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember getting a Pepsi fountain drink dispenser. I thought I was big stuff with my very own Pepsi machine.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making sure that the kids have a blast. I want the kids to have fond memories of when they were little so that when they grow up and get Christmas tagged they can say "my mom threw the best Christmas parties EVER!!"
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My mom's homemade fudge, which will magically become my dad's homemade fudge this year.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Our family Christmas Eve party. Shawn can run but he can't hide---he has a forever commitment with me on Christmas Eve.
17. What tops your tree? A Santa Clause tree topper
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Let it Snow. But I'm also very fond of all the Christmas Classics by Perry Como, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole.....I'm an old soul.
20. Candy Canes? Love em. Especially in a cup of hot chocolate.
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Yep
You tag people keep stealing all of the blog people that I know. So since none of you know my buddy Laurie, I'll tag her.