Monday, March 28, 2011

Mission accomplished

Most people didn't think it was possible but I was able to successfully complete an OVER NIGHT mission to Park City Utah this weekend.
This is a picture from my farewell. Attendance was low. Tim was at work, Lydon was at school and Aaron was at a friend's house. Oh well, I appreciate those that were there to support me. This is Kristy getting funding for the mission. These things aren't cheap ya know.

Once we arrived, I was able to write home. (FYI, nobody really cared) These are my companions
I'm not gonna lie....there were times when I wanted nothing more than to be released and come home, especially when I ended up at a little home away from home. But I was able to get some retail therapy.....



......... and some much begged for food (nothing says Park City like a Big Mac)

....and I was able to carry on

I strap on my missionary suit (a.k.a. Matchbox Twenty concert T-shirt) and our mission president put us to work on crafting project. This kept us going into the wee hours of the morning. Notice my pillow next to the hotel clock. The time there would be 1:38 AM!! It took us nearly four hours of cutting and hot gluing to put these precious pillows together. After a LONG night of shopping, minimal eating, lots of crafting and NON-sleeping it was time to brush the six inches of Park City snow off the car to head home.

Consider this my homecoming and my report on my mission. And you didn't even have to put on a pair of pantyhose. Your welcome.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Wow - I am IMPRESSED !! You - YOU !! Spent a night away from home !?!?! Are you kidding me??? Way to go Stacy :)

Teresa said...

Great report. We knew you could do it and survive. I'm proud of you.