Friday, July 11, 2008

Relay for Life



Friends and Family:
As you know, we lost our mother this past February to cancer.

During her five year battle with cancer, our mom was an active participant in the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life events. Even during the years when our family did not have a relay team, she still managed to attend the survivor’s social and walked the survivor’s victory lap.

So, this year we felt it more important than ever for our family to team up and participate in this year’s Morgan Relay for Life event.

Our team name is: “The Boody Bunch” (our mom’s nick name was Boody)

The event takes place August 8th at the Morgan High School track. Through out the day and night, our family will take turns walking around the track to honor our mom’s amazing courage and strength during her life and her battle with cancer.
Our team goal for this year is $2,000. Please help support our efforts in meeting this goal for “The Boody Bunch” with a tax-deductible contribution to the American Cancer Society. You may send your contribution directly to us

1 comment:

Scott and Malorie said...

I'm so glad you are doing this. My Mom's side of the family has already put a team together to support my aunt, grandpa, your mom, and my dad. I can't wait to see you all there. I hope one of us can get my dad there. PS. I hope you don't mind I added your blog to mine!